Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cara's Clean(er) Eats Easy Lentil Soup

This recipe came together with a very, very, we are talking -40 Celsius, cold January day, closed schools and my urge to purge. 2012 is deemed to be a clean(er) living year for me. I really want to strive to get my house, my family and myself in tip top shape.  This is a great start to that on this dreadfully cold winter day.










Easy Lentil Soup

1/2 cup grated carrots
1 large onion, diced (i used a red one)
1 small head suey choy (cause I had it in the fridge)
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 tbsp canola oil

Heat the oil and add the ingredients above. Sautee til onions are tender. 


Add:

6 cups of water
1-16 oz can salsa ( i used homemade)
1 1/4 cup lentils (any color) rinsed

Simmer for about 50-60 minutes or til lentils are cooked.

Add
10 oz (weight) spinach, chopped

Cook though.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 282 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
129
Calories from Fat
17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
1.9g
3%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
307mg
13%
Total Carbohydrates
21.3g
7%
Dietary Fiber
9.5g
38%
Sugars
3.5g
Protein
8.2g
Vitamin A 75%Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 7%Iron 16%
Nutrition Grade A



No comments:

Post a Comment